Things to Check Out in the CWE
From new restaurants on Euclid to new bars in The Grove + the zoo, art museum, science center & events taking place in Forest Park, the Central West End is -Central- to everything!
Wonderful 2 Bedrroom, 1st Floor Condo in the CWE at Maryland & Boyle | Listed $200,000 - LInk to More Info ;-)
Live performances from traditional cabaret to acoustic soul-Blue Strawberry has something for everyone!
Looking c the hot spot to hang out in the CWE? Check out Bennan's on Euclid just north of Maryland ;-)
Check out this great New Listing in the Heart of the Central West End! 4668 Pershing Place - steps to Euclid Ave | 4 Beds - 3 Full, 2 Half Baths - 3rd Floor, 2 story Great Room | 4009 SF | Make this home your own | Listed $499,000 Message me with additional Questions & Showings! Scott G Gilbert | Platinum Realty | 888-220-0988 | 314-406-3536 #stlouisforsale #centralwestendforsale #historichome #pershingplace #euclidavenue #marylandplaza
NEW GROCERY - Fresh Thyme Market - NOW OPEN in City Foundry STL
Welcome a great new neighbor to a 2 Bedroom | 2 Bath Condo with incredible views of Downtown St Louis!
Halloween Fun 2021
Interior of the Food Hall at City Foundry STL = Industrial Awesome!
Can't wait for winter to be over so we can all enjoy some of the great people watching patios here in the Cental West End!
Perfectly located in the Central Corridor of St Louis -traditional -tree covered -pedestrian neighborhood bordered by Forest Park, BJC, Cortex, Washington University Medical School, SLU + filled with restaurants, sidewalk cafes, bars & shops.
Check Out LINKS for Transportation, Employers, The Zoo + Forest Park, Gyms & More
Quick Read on the Great Things Happening in the CWE
1. The Central West End Real Estate includes historic building stock primarily dates back to the early 20th century, built largely in response to the 1904 World's Fair in nearby Forest Park. World's Fair-era hotels, now restored and converted to high-rise apartments overlook large single family, architect designed homes in ornate Classical Revival styles. Today there is a great mix with plenty of newer townhomes, condos & lofts as well as ongoing construction including a new luxury condo building at Laclede & Sarah near the burgeoning Cortex Innovation District.
2. The Central West End has over 15,000 residents and 36,000 come to work here each day.
3. The American Planning Association selected the CWE as one of America’s Top Ten Great Neighborhoods in 2014. Then, USA Today recently voted The Saint Louis Zoo as the top free attraction and Forest Park as the top Urban Park in the country. Located next to Forest Park and the Zoo - you can't go wrong with Central West End Real Estate!
4. The Central West End is St. Louis’ premiere 24 hour destination. The Euclid Avenue Entertainment District is home to many of the region’s trendiest restaurants, bars, boutiques and shops.
The emerging Sarah Street Corridor borders Cortex to the north, includes the St. Louis Ikea, and is quickly becoming a local entertainment center with coffee shops, wine bars, and new restaurants.
5. Residential construction throughout the neighborhood is booming - the value of building permits for the neighborhood in 2016 was greater than the rest of the whole St. Louis region.
6. The neighborhood is serviced by both MetroLink Red & Blue lines and numerous Metro buses are routed through the Central West End MetroLink Station in the BJC & Washington University Medical Center + new station at Boyle & Duncan servicing the growing Cortex Innovation District.
7. The BJC Medical Complex and Cortex Innovation District anchor the Central West End to the south and together make up the second largest employment center in the region with over 4 million visitors each year.
8. 3,155 Net jobs were added in the Central West End in recent years - and more are coming each day with the BJC Medical Center & Cortex leading the job creation.
9. The Cortex Innovation Community is home to over 200 firms, employing over 3,600 innovators in bioscience and technology research, development, and commercialization. Cortex hosts 5 Innovation Centers, including a new Aloft Hotel and additional expansion to come!
10. The growth continues to the east with the addition of Ikea-St Louis - one of the few Ikeas in North America in an urban setting. It is great to note that in the first year, the store brought in a 40% tax revenue increase. Next for the area is City Foundry STL. The Food Hall is now open and soon a new grocery store, Fresh Thyme Market, will bring another great shopping option to the neighborhood.
Even better the area will Connect to the Great Rivers Greenway Trail System including use of an existing railroad trestle. This new entertainment, employment, living, and retail center will be located just to the south of Saint Louis University at Spring Avenue & Forest Park Avenue.
Plus plans are in the works for an addition to the project with 60,000 SF of office space, more retail & apartments!
Love & live in the Central West End and ready to help you to join the neighborhood! The CWE has something for everyone - lofts and condos to stately homes on private streets and easy-living townhomes... not to mention all the great shops, bars, restaurants + so much more! CWE Local Neighborhood Real Estate Expert Scott is Ready to Help for your New Home!