Things to Check Out in the CWE
From new restaurants on Euclid to new bars in The Grove + the zoo, art museum, science center & events taking place in Forest Park, the Central West End is -Central- to everything!
!Can't wait for winter to be over so we can all enjoy some of the great people watching patios here in the Cental West End!
5621 Waterman #2 | SOLD FASTGreat 2 Bedroom | 2 Bath in DeBaliviere Place -Forest Park is your backyard!
Salt + Smoke | CWEGreat to have Salt + Smoke here in the CWE now -Euclid just south of McPherson ;-)
14 Manhattan Mews | Just Sold!Manhattan Mews is a great place to "land" in the Central West End | For more information just message me!
The Grinch Comes to The CWEAnnual Window Walk in the Central West End -Complete with Holiday Windows is always a great time! |
Element Hotel St Louis MidtownNew Element Hotel construction in the CWE | Midtown area - Across from SLU Campus!
Perfectly located in the Central Corridor of St Louis -traditional -tree covered -pedestrian neighborhood bordered by Forest Park, BJC, Cortex, Washington University Medical School, SLU + filled with restaurants, sidewalk cafes, bars & shops.
Check Out LINKS for Transportation, Employers, The Zoo + Forest Park, Gyms & More
Quick Read on the Great Things Happening in the CWE
1. The Central West End Real Estate includes historic building stock primarily dates back to the early 20th century, built largely in response to the 1904 World's Fair in nearby Forest Park. World's Fair-era hotels, now restored and converted to high-rise apartments overlook large single family, architect designed homes in ornate Classical Revival styles. Today there is a great mix with plenty of newer townhomes, condos & lofts as well as ongoing construction including a new luxury condo building at Laclede & Sarah near the burgeoning Cortex Innovation District.
2. The Central West End has over 15,000 residents and 36,000 come to work here each day.
3. The American Planning Association selected the CWE as one of America’s Top Ten Great Neighborhoods in 2014. Then, USA Today recently voted The Saint Louis Zoo as the top free attraction and Forest Park as the top Urban Park in the country. Located next to Forest Park and the Zoo - you can't go wrong with Central West End Real Estate!
4. The Central West End is St. Louis’ premiere 24 hour destination. The Euclid Avenue Entertainment District is home to many of the region’s trendiest restaurants, bars, boutiques and shops.
The emerging Sarah Street Corridor borders Cortex to the north, includes the St. Louis Ikea, and is quickly becoming a local entertainment center with coffee shops, wine bars, and new restaurants.
5. Residential construction throughout the neighborhood is booming - the value of building permits for the neighborhood in 2016 was greater than the rest of the whole St. Louis region.
6. The neighborhood is serviced by both MetroLink Red & Blue lines and numerous Metro buses are routed through the Central West End MetroLink Station in the BJC & Washington University Medical Center + new station at Boyle & Duncan servicing the growing Cortex Innovation District.
7. The BJC Medical Complex and Cortex Innovation District anchor the Central West End to the south and together make up the second largest employment center in the region with over 4 million visitors each year.
8. 3,155 Net jobs were added in the Central West End in recent years - and more are coming each day with the BJC Medical Center & Cortex leading the job creation.
9. The Cortex Innovation Community is home to over 200 firms, employing over 3,600 innovators in bioscience and technology research, development, and commercialization. Cortex hosts 5 Innovation Centers, including a new Aloft Hotel and additional expansion to come!
10. The growth continues to the east with the addition of Ikea-St Louis - one of the few Ikeas in North America in an urban setting. It is great to note that in the first year, the store brought in a 40% tax revenue increase. Next for the area is City Foundry STL - a planned $340 million redo of the Federal-Mogul foundry into a trendy food hall, retail & commercial space, and high-rise apartments set to open in the fall of 2021. Even better the area will Connect to the Great Rivers Greenway Trail System including use of an existing railroad trestle. This new entertainment, employment, living, and retail center will be located just to the south of Saint Louis University at Spring Avenue & Forest Park Avenue.
We love & live in the Central West End and we want to help you become our neighbors! The CWE has something for everyone - lofts and condos to stately homes on private streets and easy-living townhomes... not to mention all the great shops, bars, restaurants + so much more! As CWE Local Neighborhood Real Estate Experts we are Ready to Help for your New Home!